Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The freezing cold shower challenge

After a hard bike ride or first thing in the morning I, like about 98% of the people, like to take a hot shower. Or bath. Something that gets me clean. Jumping into a cold shower doesn't seem like fun but I'm prepared to do that all month - for a full 30 days.

Why? Why in the hell would I willingly subject myself to that?

Here's why: Joel Runyon kept bugging people to take the 30 day cold shower therapy. Read's Joel's post about it but the summary is that you CAN do it. And once you realize you can do it repeatedly you'll realize you have the fortitude for other big changes in your life.

Good idea. But Joel, as of late, has been relentless. He continues to challenge anyone and everyone to take cold showers for 30 days. Not luke-warm showers. Not sorta-kinda-cold showers. No. All out, no hot water allowed cold showers of at least 5 minutes for 30 days.

So I decided to take his challenge and make it into another challenge. I'll do it. 30 days of freezing my various sundried body parts off. BUT here's the challenge. I want you to contribute to the GhostRider Foundation. Please, please please read more about it here. The long and short of the GhostRider foundation is they help returning Vets with PTSD. Just make a donation regardless of the amount. Tell your friends and neighbors. Enough people contribute, no matter what the amount, and I'm set to freeze. Hell, enough people contribute and I'll keep it up for 60 days. Just leave a reply here or shoot me an email or tweet (@grog_jd) when you make your contribution  because I am not affiliated with the GRF and I don't see when the contributions are made.

The question now is how bad do you want me to freeze? How long? Better yet, how interested are you in helping our Veterans out?

Starts.... NOW!

5 comments:

  1. email is jdkimple(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND DONATE at www.ghostriderfoundation.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in bit I think Josh is a wimp. I don't believe anything coming out of the faucet can be as cold as the Atlantic Ocean. Head east, young man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. better yet give Lake Superior a try! Even in August that sucker NEVER warms up..it doesn't stop snowing up there until May...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky, did that about 7 years ago when we lived near Marquette. Yes that lake is cold cold cold even in the dog days of summer.

    ReplyDelete